Updated the Nailgun:
- Reverted back to its 2.0.0 stats
Updated the Flamethrower:
- Afterburn length is now 25% shorter, total damage output is unchanged
Updated the Stickybomb Launcher:
- Consistent with Live's Stickies
- Fixed Stickies not suffering from damage falloff
- Damage Rampup changed from 70% to 100%
- Explosion Radius Rampup from 80% to 100%
- Projectiles no longer bounce off friendly buildings
Updated the Dynamite Pack:
- Added the ability to taunt kill your enemies with this weapon
Updated the Mine Layer:
- Increased clip size & max stickies from 3 to 4
- Max Charge time decreased by 50%
Updated the Bottle:
- Added particles upon breaking the bottle
Updated the Minigun:
- Reduced the bulletspread from 0.1 to 0.08
Updated the Coilgun:
- Fully charged shots are now 100% accurate
Updated the Syringe Gun:
- Lowered the reload time from 1.5s to 1.2s to match the reload animation
Updated the Uberspritze:
- Health Penalty has been lessened from -25 to -10 health
Updated the Shock Therapy:
- 15% slower Heal Rate on all Mediguns when equipped
- Decreased the ammount of healing done on hit from 150% to 100% of a classes health
- Health is given to the target instantly
- No longer uses Knife Impact sounds when hitting players
- Removed guaranteed crits against wet enemies
Updated the Hunting Revolver:
- Removed the visual recoil
- Lowered the fire rate from 0.75s to 0.675s
Updated the Fishwhacker:
- Removed -20% slower fire rate
- Replaced "Marked for Death while active" with "On Miss: Marked for Death for 3s"
- Updated its Description and item-type
- Added particles on impact to add to the new description
Updated the Tranquilizer Gun:
- Tranquilized enemies now take full crits from Knives
- Jittering atop certain props has been fixed. (Primarily noticable on Capture Points)
- Added the London asset pack - for more info see https://london.tf2maps.net/
- Added "Voice Commands" to the Chat Filter.
- Added tf2c_domination_uncap_factor. Maks CP Progress recede faster in Domination.
- Added Burning and Backstab animations for the Civilian.
- Updated Domination's HUD to show which team is in the lead.
- Updated damage rounding to match Live TF2. (I.E. Minigun minimum damage has been updated from 4 to 5)
- Updated Players who have just spawned to now recieve the full heal-rate from Mediguns.
- Updated explosions to pass through friendly Engineer buildings.
- Updated highlighted dropped ammo to be a clientside option.
- Updated the Round timer to no longer clip through the Arena and DOM HUD.
- Updated tf2c_spy_gun_mettle to include updated Sapper Damage modifier.
- Updated dropped sandwiches from dead Heavies to give points on pickup.
- Updated tf_arena_override_team_size to 64, so players don't sit out.
- Updated 2team Arena to have before-round queues turned off, consistent with 4team.
- Updated tf_dingalingaling description.
- Updated Class gibs to be compatible with custom skins.
- Disabled random bullet spread off by default.
- Disabled Arena Queue in 2Team, to be consistent with 4team.
- Restored custom map description txt files.
- Fixed bullets from Sniper primaries not ignoring teammates.
- Fixed the Edit Loadout button not working on the Class Select screen.
- Fixed being able to freely respawn in Arena.
- Fixed newly connected players from not getting DOM scores until they update.
- Fixed KOTH HUD not properly flashing when a team is highlighted.
- Fixed Lunchbox items not named "The Sandvich" being inedible.
- Fixed Recent-Kill, Killstreak, and Achievement Voicelines not playing when triggered.
- Fixed Sappers being hard to place from on top of buildings.
- Fixed Spywalk not being applied clientside.
- Fixed lastdisguise to now remember enemy vs ally disguise, rather than absolute team color.
- Fixed the tranquilized debuff being near instantly removed by healing. Now halves duration as intended.
- Fixed Death Animations playing at the world origin.
- Fixed flame impact sounds on friendly buildings.
- Fixed a bug where Flames would linger between Round changes or restarts.
- Fixed Tranquilized Particles from staying on the player after immediately switching weapons.
- Fixed an exploit where the Huntsman Arrows could be used to give players large health pools.
- Fixed not being able to pick up dropped flags in spawn rooms that allow them.
- Fixed HLTV/Replay Players being able to join teams.
- Fixed crash related to giving yourself an invalid attribute ID via give_econ.
- TFBot: GRN/YLW Spawn Doors now properly block bots in 4team.
- TFBot: Added basic support for GRN/YLW Invasion Areas.
- TFBot: Lowered the ammount of VIP Escorting bots.
- TFBot: Civilian and Scout bots will be less likely to destroy Sentries.
- TFBot: Adjusted Demoman bots from preparing sticky traps if enemies are nearby.
- TFBot: Adjusted Engineer bots to place Teleporter Entrances more reliably.
- TFBot: Snipers are able to find the opposing teams better in 4team.
- TFBot: Improved Spy bots by retreating when revealed, no longer targeting Sentries from long distances, using the Revolver to finish low-health targets, and backstabbing enemies that come in range whom are not the initial target.
- TFBot: Bots now spend less time retreating.
- TFBot: Bots now spend less time holding the fire button.
- Updated a few displacements to prevent mobility classes from camping above the battleground
- Added Localization Strings
- Time has shifted, and sunlight covers more of the map
- Updated the lighting in Point A
- Adjusted the visual clarity of Point A, so it's easier to locate
- Improved clipping around the map
- Updated the Train Bells to play a few seconds before the train actually arrives
- Allowed projectiles to pass through railings on the map
- Removed the Train Gate Doors near the far exit of Caves to B
- Removed the Nobuild on the Traintracks at B
- Fixed a few minor visual issues
- Fixed a few Soundscapes to work properly
- Added Localization Strings
- Added a small room to BLU side to give Engineers and Spy's more utility
- Added a new route from the caves between RED and BLU to connect to YLW
- Combined the two caves between RED and YLW into one larger cave
- Fog has settled into the seas, to match the world fog
- Improved visuals and details across the map
- Added an extra spawn door for each team's spawn
- Added detail doors to BLU's intel room entrances, to be consistent with RED base
- Added cover for BLU side's balcony route
- Added an extra Resupply Cabinet to each team's spawn
- Adjusted each spawn point to directly face the exit from spawn
- Adjusted the windows in front of RED's intel room to close off a window, while also adding a new route to RED intel
- Adjusted the Windows leading into BLU side to be larger
- Adjusted clipping to prevent mobility classes from camping up above the battleground
- Adjusted the Full Ammo and Small Medkit at Mid to be easier to see
- Adjusted pickups around RED and BLU side to be somewhat consistent
- Adjusted a few wooden planks to be easier to walk on
- Replaced a few models at Mid with crates
- Updated the stairs near BLU side of Mid to be easier to move around
- Fixed a visual bug when falling beneath the water
- Fixed up the concrete doorways to prevent players from getting stuck when walking against them
- Removed the Setup timer
- Removed a few pickups from each team's Intel room
- Removed the Fence in RED spawn to allow for better movement
- Removed a pipe near RED side's entrance, for the same reason
- Removed a pillar near RED spawn, for the same reason
- Removed a pillar in BLU spawn, for the same reason
- Removed Capture Point C, due to its redundancy in actual play
- Bumped the Round Timer's max limit from 6 minutes to 10 minutes, to compensate for Capture Point C's removal
- Updated the visual design of each point's platform
- Added a NoBuild to stop Engineers from building out of bounds
- Shrunk RED's window on Capture Point C's building
- Removed some props to open up the play-space
- Adjusted the Nobuild on the shed in front of First RED Spawn to only be on the roof
- Adjusted some Item Pickups
- Added a Small Medkit near Capture Point C's upper flank route
- Improved the visuals of the maps lighting a bit
- Fixed the water cubemaps
Here's a small tutorial on how to use our Launcher+Updater program, for usage in updating the mod for yourself, and server owners:
For Windows users:
- Open the `tf2classic` folder, in your Sourcemods folder.
- Launch the `TF2ClassicLauncher` executable.
- In the "Launch game" tab, there's a button labeled "Update". Click this button to update the game. If it is faded out, you're up to date.
- If you are experiencing an error upon launching the TF2Classic Launcher, then please update the executable to the most recent version here (temporarily disabled). If your launcher gives an error message when you start it you will have to replace your old launcher(TF2ClassicLauncher.exe) with this newer version.
For Linux users:
You'll need to download our Linux Only Updater (temporarily disabled), and once it's fully installed, please read through this PDF (temporarily disabled).
Optional Direct Mirror:
If you are having trouble with either of these methods, here (temporarily disabled) is a direct mirror for the 2.0.2 patch.
Once downloaded, extract the files into your 'sourcemods' folder using 7zip.
If you need any further help, please reach out to our Public Discord, and we can try to help.